The Eames Almshouses,
Steep, Hampshire, UK
In 1882, William Eames built six almshouses for the village, for use by local people who would otherwise not be able to have accommodation in Steep.
Four units are suitable for single people, and two are slightly larger, and suitable for a married couple. The houses are suited to older people.
The charity which runs the almshouses is administered by local trustees, chaired by John Owen, who is vicar of Steep.
The properties are well maintained, in a pleasant setting, and situated close to the school and church in Church Road.
There are vacancies from time to time, and expressions of interest, in the first instance, should be addressed in writing to the Clerk to the Trustees, Mrs Deirdre Mitchell, c/o The Vicarage, 77 Church Road, Steep GU32 2DF.
Our charter means that residents who join the houses must have a local connection with the area, and be able to live independently in a small and harmonious community.